By Dr. Stephen Jones
What is your school doing to make learning fun and exciting? Learning should be fun, innovative and creative. Students are more witty when they are having fun. Students should never sit down all day looking at a blackboard or a bunch of powerpoints. Look for innovative games on Pinterest. Our bodies where made to move. Children need to move. Principals should form an innovation team at your school and come up with ways to make learning all subjects more engaging. Be an school that rewards creative teaching methods
- Teach them how to study using creative videos on Youtube or Kahn Academy
- Make reading fun. Read and act out a play.
- Let them listen to audio books
- Always create something they can take home and display
- School pride equals learning pride. Get school t-shirts, buttons, affordable jackets/wind breaker, pencils etc
- Everyone goes on a school trip even if it is something within walking distance
- Celebrate school success with a fun day of activities. Have your own carnival
- Teach your students time management
- Students earn school bucks they can use to purchase school items or meals. Involve students in ways to earn bucks
- Career days throughout the year. Presenters bring something to display, a video or power. Get tge students involved in making something or designing something job related.
To discuss more ideas get in contact or to hire Dr. Stephen Jones at 610-842-3844http://www.drstephenjones.net/contact-page