By Dr Stephen Jones
New homeschoolers can benefit from the flexibility that home schooling offers.
It is a great opportunity to engage all your students learning style. Some students
are visual learner, some are auditory learners and others are tactile learner. Think
in terms of what you can do to make lessons interactive and engaging. Be the greatest cheerleader when your student is studying and learning. Your words have the power to motivate students
to excel during their homeschooling experience. Here are some tips for homeschooling parents:
1. Have a set time for your students to start and finish instruction
2. Have a set time for your children to complete homework
3. Go to the dollar store and fill up with supplies for projects
4. Start on all projects early
5. Teach your student how to study with videos on the topic
6. Have a specific quiet place where all student's complete homework
7. Visit sites and attend lectures where your student can learn something they are studying.
8. Have conversations with your child regarding the things that they are learning
9. Let your student explore a variety of careers on videos or by interviewing people in person
10. Continually give your student positive feedback
Remember that you are the facilitator of learning and you can accomplish great things with
your child. Always ask your child open ended questions and it will create wonderful conversations.
If you can afford a tutor get one or find out what is offered at a local school. Where possible
have conversations about careers by talking to your child about their interest. Don’t be afraid to ask other homeschooling parents questions for advice. You can expect to have a great from your home schooling experience.
Dr. Stephen is an author and presenter who has written three books , Seven Secrets of How to Study, Parents Ultimate education Guide and the Ultimate Scholarship Guide at http://www.DrStephenjones.net, Learn@DrStephenJones.net and 610-842-3843.
Dr. Jones Parenting Online Course
Dr. Stephen Jones Books
1. Seven Secrets of How to Study
2. Ultimate Scholarship Guide
3. Ultimate Parents Guide
Dr. Stephen Jones Podcast App
Join my podcast on the Anchor App which is titled Education Central